Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sing, Sing a Song...

Friday, September 08, 2006
Sing, Sing a Song...
Current mood: tired

Today we did another round of chelation and glutathione. My mom came with us. She's the 3rd person to come and watch. I think everyone is curious. I think they also want to be there for Michael- who is much loved.

First, I wanted to point out that school started on Thursday. Michael transitioned beautifully. He has the same teacher, but they are in a different classroom. I think there is a new student in his class, and some of the assistants have changed (get well gina). I stopped by the first day to give the nurse his Epi-pen and to bring supplies the teacher asked for, and Michael came walking down the hallway, saying hello to everyone. I actually heard him ask "how are you?" to one of the teachers. I've NEVER heard him say that unprompted before. His teacher also said Michael seemed to improve after his 3 week rest from school.

OK. So today was like last week. Michael didn't take the needle well, but the process was quicker than last time. We had to change the time from 3:30 to 4:30pm. The bus dropped him off around 4:05pm. So, because of the later start, the session seemed to last forever. Thank goodness for the TV/DVD in the office.

I think it really helped to have my Mom there. She met Nick, who does the IV's and saw that he knows what he is doing. She also saw another child in the office doing chelation too.

On the way home, Michael was singing, loudly, the whole way home. It was like he was happy. Then when Michael's Dad called, Michael started talking about him, in full sentences. Repeating phrases he already knew- but saying them so perfectly.

Well, overall, I think the process is going well. I do see Michael improving everyday. He's still happy, silly, and full of surprises. I look forward to the next challange test, where we will see the level of metals coming out of him.

Thanks for reading our blog :)

Christine

No comments: