Sunday, October 15, 2006

And Away We Go

Sunday, July 23, 2006
And Away We Go
Current mood: optimistic

Last night I saw Michael's new doctor and he told me that all of Michael's blood tests came back normal and he's ok for chelation. He also said that we could start next week.

NEXT WEEK! Wow. After waiting four years to try chelation- it's going to start NEXT WEEK. I'm excited. Wished we would have done it sooner, but none-the-less, starting it is the important part.

I really have to start reading up on what we need to do. I feel good that I have many friends who are moms & dads (of ASD kids) and they are a wealth of information. I keep thinking of Baxter, who is now recovered. I really hope I can say the same thing about Michael one day.

I met Hillary Clinton last night and although I didn't have a chance to talk to her about autism, I did speak with one of her staffers. I handed the staffer a program from our Conference and explained to her that there is hope and treatments that work. From all the people I know who know Hillary, they seem very caring. I think if I can document Michael's progress with videotape, that could make a difference.

I feel like i'm trying to save my son- but all the other kids out there. And their families.
Wish us luck. We'll probably meet with the new doctor this week.

Christine

No comments: