Sunday, October 15, 2006

Inspector Michael

Saturday, September 30, 2006
Inspector Michael
Current mood: exhausted

What a day today. I picked up Michael from school and did our weekly visit to Dr. Imam's office. Michael sat pretty good for the needle and again, sat for about 2 hours with the IV fine.

About 5 min after he was done, Michael started walking around the office. He goes behind a wall where items are stored and says something like "No wonder if you can't find anything Nick, your workshop is a mess". The whole room started laughing. Gotta love Michael- honest to a fault. ( I also asked my friend if she ever heard Michael say that and she said he got part of it from a Franklin video- but he definately put a couple of ideas together).

Then we went to my sister's for a party and Michael was awesome all night. He played with this kid Jonathan (who used to hate him). They were chasing each other, hugging, laughing, screaming... It was so cute. Michael wanted to sit at the table for dinner (he never really did that before this year). He also said a few new statements while there. The house was full of people- probably 40. About 5 people came up to me and said "michael is doing so much better". These people remember 4-6 years ago when Michael would sit in the boy's room and watch the ceiling fan- for hours and not play with any kids.

Michael was so at ease- so happy to be around the other kids- listened so well. It's like I'm at the point where I do have to worry about him. I know he won't run out the door or play with knives. Best of all, the other kids look out for him, give him toys to play with, they understand him. They try to include him. They don't make fun of him. We are all really lucky.

Oh ya, we got our 2nd urine test back today. We do it every 8 weeks. Michael had high levels of aluminum again, less lead (which is a good sign) and same amounts of most of the other stuff (mercury, arsenic, etc). Again, we haven't seen any negative side effects. No stomach or gut problems, no increased yeast, sleeping fine. He did very well in school this week. Overall- going great in my opinion.

I think the best part of the night for my mom was when Michael came running over to her and gave her a BIG hug. I think as time goes on, we will see more and more improvement- or miracles as I like to call them.

Take care everyone and thanks for reading my blog.... Christine

No comments: