Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Challenging Day

Friday, September 22, 2006
A Challenging Day
Current mood: thankful

Ok. From my title you would think that it was a hard day at the doctors. But, it wasn't. Today we did a "challenge test". We give an amount alittle more than usual of chelation and then test Michael's urine for 12 hours. It's the same amount we gave the first week (8 weeks ago). The results will tell us if he is getting rid of certain metals. His Lead and Aluminum were high last time. I can't wait to see the next results. The peee goes in the mail Monday and the results may be available on Friday (the next dr. visit).

Michael did really well today. First, he sang Maroon 5 songs the whole way there, looking into the mirror and making funny faces. There was a new kid in the office. He and his mother came all the way from Africa to do chelation. WOW. I got all the info from themom and I hope to spend some time with them while they are here. I'm trying to find them a therapist too.

Anyway, Michael sat pretty well (like the first couple of weeks). He said "no spray", so Nick didn't use the spray. The spray numbs the area so he doesn't feel the needle going in. I think Michael doesn't like the spray because it's cold. It took 3 or 4 tries to get the needle in and working. I didn't have to sit with Michael this time. And, of course, once it was in he sat for like 2 hours and played with 2 MagnaDoodles.

Michael got pretty tired at the end of the session. In the car I didn't hear much from him. Then I saw some horses in the back of a truck and I said "Look- horses". Michael paused and then added "they are going back to the farm". I thought that was so funny. Then when we were driving down and up a hill- Michael was saying "down, down, down, up, up, up". I NEVER heard him do that before. Then in the bathtub, he was talking and singing for like an hour. I definately see improvement everytime we use the Glutathione. Interesting.....

Well, Chelation is going well and both his dad and I are working hard to pay for it. I'm working on next year's conference, which will be Oct. 20-21, 2007. I'm very excited and we're having it at a beautiful hotel next year. I hope by then Michael will be able to give a speech or something- at least say the pledge. Who knows- It's 13 months away.

Thanks for reading my blog and making comments. I'm so grateful for Michael's progress. Everyone has been working so hard.

Christine

No comments: