Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Field Trip


There is this place called the Long Island Game Farm. I remember going as a child and getting chased by deer and goats. It's grown alittle bit in the last 30 years. They have a giraffe, lions, monkeys, etc. It's like a very small zoo. The 1st graders from Michael's school went last week for a field trip. I went along with some other parents. We had 8 adults and 6 kids. LOL. Michael did great (as usual).

They have a merry-go-round too. I don't know why on earth there are no seatbelts or straps on the horses- but that's another story. I felt so lucky to have that day with Michael and his classmates. He was reading the signs. On the way out Michael yells "goodbye Long Island Game Farm started in 1972". He also got to take the big bus home. I've never seen him on one before- he takes a mini-bus to school.



We have Michael's CSE tomorrow where we will decide on what classroom he will be in during the summer and fall. I'm sure it will go well. This summer was not what I expected, with my mom getting sick, so I'll just take whatever they want. Part of me want to buy an SUV and just drive across the country with him.... maybe next summer.

No comments: