Friday, June 01, 2007

Back from Chicago

I got back from the Autism Conference in Chicago on Sunday. I met a lot of new people, make some contacts, picked up alittle information. But many of us who have attended this conference in the past found it hard to learn something new this year. I did decide to do a test to check for viruses and yeast. I met a Dad whose child is recovered from anti-virals and nasal MB12 spray. Anyway, it was a long weekend- lots of information, not much sleep and was more of a "working vacation". I was glad to get home and see Michael on Monday.

I went to pick up Michael from my parents that morning and my mom was headed to the hospital. I didn't think it was serious- but then everyone was talking cancer. Pancreatic cancer- the worst type. Ugh. I know this is an autism and chelation blog- but my mom getting sick really affects our lives. My sister and I have been trying to figure out where to send her. There are so many different hospitals and doctors. This reminds me of the early days of autism- looking up things on the internet. I have to say though, so many "online friends" have been helpful- sending me names and phone numbers. Or just general encouragement. It's so important to reach out to people online- be it autism or cancer. I love reading message boards. Real people talking about their experiences. I learn so much from them.

Anyway, Michael continues to do great and I'm so incredibly thankful for that- especially with my mom sick. I was crying the other morning and Michael told me to "take the sad face off" or "sad off my face". I don't remember. A lot is a blur this week. But, he did say something like that. He also said "no sad face, like Michael" and smiled. I wish that smile could cure my mom's cancer.

We went to chelation and Michael did great. He actually fell asleep and took a nap. He had field day today and was very tired. I'll upload the photo later- it's pretty funny.

Well, basically life really sucks for my family right now- and will probably get worse. I wonder how all of this will effect Michael. He doesn't really understand death. What 7 year old does? But, I'm going to talk to the school psych. to find out what I should say to Michael. My parents have been so supportive of Michael's road to recovery. If you are reading this, please pray for my mom and my family. We are still waiting to do a biopsy and know everything for sure. Thanks for listening :)

No comments: