Sunday, May 13, 2007

"Happy Mother's Day" Never Sounded So Good


What a nice Mother's Day I had. I met Michael Sunday afternoon at my sister's house. My parents had him overnight because I videotaped a Bat Mitzvah in NYC on Saturday. They actually took him to church Sunday Morning. My sister said he sat REALLY good for about 30 minutes. I take that comment as saying after the 30 min. he was difficult- which is understandable. I'm surprised he lasted that long.

Anyway, I get to my sister's house and Michael runs up the stairs- looks right at me and says "Happy Mother's Day". He had such a big smile on his face. He was so proud of himself. It was the best gift ever. So many parents NEVER hear their child talk.

Michael spent the rest of the day hanging out and playing with the kids. There was a 4 yr old, two 8 year olds and a 13 year old. The "gang" played tag & duck, duck, goose. I watched them for a little while in the front yard. Michael stayed away from the road and followed along- taking turns. It was great. He was the best I've ever seen with this group of kids. Two are his cousins.

When Michael was little he used to go downstairs and just line up cars for hours. When he was 3 his favorite thing was to sit in his cousin's room and watch the celing fan. Today he played, ate lunch, sang Happy Birthday to my Mom... doesn't that sound pretty typical to you? It was great- the best present ever!

No comments: