Monday, April 16, 2007

A New Day

Well, the big storm is over, pretty much. We had a lot of rain and wind all night. On Sunday, Michael kept saying "Mommy and Michael are staying home another day". We also stayed in on Saturday while I got work done.

Spending so much time with him lately I've really had a chance to see how much he is improving and how well the chelation is working. And no side effects too. He likes going, his veins/arms look fine, he sleeps well, he's not in any pain- except for 5 seconds once a week. Giving a kid a vaccine is just as much pain, if not more. All his levels (kidney, liver, etc) are normal. And when we had him tested for metals 4 years ago (these results are not on the blog) he was very high in arsenic, alumimum and lead. So, there definitely was a reason to chelate a child with heavy metal problems- regardless of the autism.

So, I feel good about the whole process. I see my son getting better and better everyday. EVERYONE who knows him sees this- it's not just me, some "angry mom" trying to make myself feel better. MY kid is feeling better. My kid is happy. My kid can now express himself and share and make friends and ask for things he wants. It's changing every part of his life- for the better. And what is so great is that I live in a place, a country, a state, a world where I have the freedom to chose what my child is going to eat & drink, what religion my child is going to be, what baseball team we are going to support and I get to chose his medical treatments. I feel so blessed that the people who really matter- my family, Michael's dad, his family, my neighbors, my friends, Michael's school- they all support Michael in different ways and they are sooooo happy for him. They were there when he sat in a room for 2 hours and looked at a ceiling fan. They were there when we had to leave the Circus with him screaming bloody murder. They were there when he would line up cars and trains obsessively. Some were even there when he got up every night from 3am-6am for the first year and a half.

Go Michael & Go Yankees!!!

No comments: